Rhubarb Gin Fizz
Simple Syrup Ingredients:
1/2 lb. Rhubard, roughly chopped
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Sprig of fresh thyme
1/2 oz. Rhubard thyme simple syrup
2 oz. Grapefruit juice
2 oz. Gin
Thyme sprigs, for garnish
1. Combine Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice, gin & ice.
2. Stir well and top with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
Rhubarb Thyme Simple Syrup:
1. Combine rhubarb, 1 cup water & 1/2 cup sugar in a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until rhubarb is completely soft.
3. Remove from heat, and add a sprig of thyme and stir. Let mixture cool to room temperature. After about an hour, remove thyme.
4. Strain mixture and pour into a glass container. Refrigerate until ready to use.