Baked Acorn Squash with Orange Spiced Glaze
4 Tbsp. butter
1/3 Cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 Acorn squash
Fresh thyme sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make the Orange Spiced Sauce*.
2. Carefully cut the acorn squash in half & remove the seeds. Brush the cut sides of the squash with the Orange Spiced Sauce. Place squash in a baking dish with the cut sides down. Bake for 25 minutes.
3. Carefully turn the squash over. Brush with more of the sauce, & spoon a little of the sauce into the cavities of the squash. Bake for 25-30 minutes more until the squash is browned on the edges & the flesh is tender.
4. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs & serve with the remaining sauce.
*Orange Spiced Sauce:
1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon & salt.
2. Whisk until the sugar is melted. Simmer for 5 minutes, then keep warm.