Brenda’s Shrimp Salad
2 1/2 lbs (12 to 15 count) shrimp
1 tbsp olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup good mayonnaise
1 tbsp orange zest (2 oranges)
2 tbsp Natalie’s Orange Juice
1 tbsp champagne white wine vinegar
1/4 cup minced fresh dill
2 tbsp capers, drained
2 tbsp small-diced onions, red or green
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and de-vein the shrimp.
3. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, toss together.
4. Spread the shrimp on one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until pink, firm and cooked through.
5. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
7. When the shrimp are cool, add them to the sauce and toss.
8. Add the dill, capers, and red onion and toss well.
The flavors will improve if you allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Otherwise, chill and serve at room temperature.