- By Juice
- By Category
Old-World Apple Cake
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar (PLUS 5 tbsps)
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
¼ cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
6 to 7 granny smith or winesap apples, peeled and cut into small chunks
1. Mix 5 tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon.
2. Dip apple chunks into this mixture to coat.
3. Put the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. (If too thick, add some orange juice.)
4. Pour half of the batter into a 9″, greased tube pan.
5. Add half of the apples.
6. Pour the rest of the batter on top and add the rest of the apples.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours, or until a toothpick comes out dry.