- By Juice
- By Category
Orange Poppy Seed Bread
2 cups flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp poppy seeds
6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp grated orange peel
¼ cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
½ cup milk
2 tbsp Natalie’s Orange Juice
½ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Butter and flour 9″ x 5″ x 3″ loaf pan.
3. Line the bottom of the pan with waxed paper. Butter and flour waxed paper.
4. In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and poppy seeds.
5. In a small bowl mix cream, butter, and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
7. Beat in orange peel and Natalie’s Orange Juice.
8. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed just until blended.
9.Pour into loaf pan.
10. Bake until bread pulls away from sides of pan and wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60-70 minutes.
1. In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons of Natalie’s Orange Juice and enough confectioners’ sugar to make a pourable consistency.
2. Pour glaze over top of hot bread, spreading evenly.
3. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from pan, peeling off waxed paper.