- By Juice
- By Category
Orange Sweet Potato Casserole
For the Sweet Potatoes:
3 Large Sweet potatoes (around 3lbs.)
1/2 Cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup (4 Tbsp.) Unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
Zest of 1 orange
For the Casserole Topping:
1 Cup Pecan pieces
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/3 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup brown sugar
(Yields 8 Servings)
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Pierce all sides of each sweet potato with fork.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake in oven for an hour or so, or until soft. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3. Once cooled, peel the baked sweet potatoes, and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash slightly with a fork or potato masher.
4. Add Natalie’s Orange Juice, brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest into the bowl.
5. Use a hand mixer to combine all ingredients and to make the potatoes slightly fluffy.
6. Heat the oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, make the pecan topping.
7. In a small bowl combine the pecan pieces, melted butter, flour and brown sugar.
8. Toss until the pecans are evenly coated with the mixture.
9. Spread the sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the pecan topping and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until pecans are golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipe By: Sarah Hearts