Strawberry Lemonade Shrub Cocktail
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Red wine vinegar
1 cup Apple cider vinegar
2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled & sliced
1.5 oz. Vodka
1.5 oz. Strawberry shrub
2 oz. Strawberry Lemonade
Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Strawberries, for garnish
1. Combine shrub, vodka & Strawberry Lemonade in a rocks glass with ice.
2. Stir well and garnish with fresh rosemary & strawberries.
1. Combine sugar & vinegar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat & stir until sugar dissolves. Add berries & let simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat & cool to room temperature.
3. Pour the shrub into a clean jar with a lid. Refrigerate for 24 hours or longer, up to a week.
4. Strain the shrub with a fine mesh strainer. Shrubs last in the fridge for several weeks and will mellow in flavor over time.