- By Juice
- By Category
Stuffed French Toast
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup dried dates, diced
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
1 tbsp powdered sugar, plus more for serving
1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1” pieces
1/2 cup milk or cream
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp canola oil
zest of one orange, for garnish
maple syrup, for serving
1. Cut 2” pockets along the long side of each bread slice.
2. Combine the cream cheese, dates, orange juice, and tablespoon of powdered sugar in a small bowl.
3. Place a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture inside each bread slice – be sure to use all of mixture.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk or cream, and cinnamon until combined.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat then add canola oil to the pan.
6. Dip each cream cheese stuffed bread slice into the egg mixture making sure to coat all sides.
7. Place the slices on the heated skillet.
8. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until the eggs cook and the French toast is golden brown.
9. Dust each piece with powdered sugar and fresh orange zest.
10. Serve with maple syrup.
This recipe freezes really well. If you’re cooking for a smaller crowd, continue through step 2 and place the bread slices in a large freezer bag and freeze. When you’re ready to serve, remove the bag of French toast slices from the freezer and allow it to thaw to room temperature before cooking.
Recipe by: Sarah Hearts