- By Juice
- By Category
Orange Blueberry Sweet Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 oz package active dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup warm milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, whisked
1 tsp salt
4.5 cups flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
zest of 1 orange
4 tbsp Natalie’s Orange Juice
1 to 2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup Natalie’s Orange Juice
1/2 tsp orange extract (vanilla extract could be instead)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 to 4 tbsp milk
2 tsp. orange zest
1. In a small bowl add warm water, yeast and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl whisk together butter, milk, sugar, egg and salt.
3. Add yeast and slowly combine.
4. Add 3 cups of flower and stir to combine.
5. Add the remaining flour then attach bread hook, mix for 5 minutes.
6. Add more flour if needed until the dough is soft and not sticky.
7. Cover dough with plastic wrap and allow to double in size, about 90 minutes.
8. Once your dough has doubled in size, punch it down and roll out on a floured surface.
9. Spread filling onto the dough with a bakers brush, top with blueberries and roll up.
10. Cut the dough into 12-15 equal pieces.
11. Place dough onto a greased baking dish with rolls about 1 inch apart.
12. Allow the rolls to sit for one hour.
13. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them so the tops don’t get TOO brown.
14. Mix together the glaze ingredients and pour over the rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.
Recipe by: Made to be a Momma