- By Juice
- By Category
Orange Cranberry Granita
32 oz. Natalie’s Orange Cranberry Juice
1 Cup Sugar
Zest of 1 Large Orange
1″ Piece of Ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
(Yields 6 Servings)
1. Place a shallow baking dish in the freezer.
2. Meanwhile, place a medium saucepan on the stove.
3. Add Natalie’s Orange Cranberry juice, sugar, 3/4 of the orange zest (remaining zest will be used for garnish), and ginger slices to the saucepan.
4. Cook on medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
5. Once dissolved, remove from heat and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
6. Strain the juice mixture into a bowl over a fine mesh sieve.
7. Pour the juice mixture into the cold baking dish and return to the freezer. Freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
8. Once frozen, run a fork across the dish to shave the frozen juice.
9. Return to the freezer until ready to serve.
10. Divide the granita into 6 small bowls or cups and garnish each with remaining fresh orange zest curls. Serve with small spoons and enjoy immediately.
Recipe by: Sarah Hearts