Hibiscus Mai Tai
Hibiscus Syrup Ingredients
¼ cup dried hibiscus leaves
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
Mai Tai Ingredients
2 tablespoons hibiscus syrup
4oz white rum
6oz Orange Pineapple Juice
1oz lime juice
2oz almond syrup (or Orgeat)
Dried pineapple for garnish
Lime & orange wedges for garnish
1. Make the hibiscus syrup by combing the sugar and water in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a small bowl add the hibiscus leaves and pour the sugar syrup over them. Let steep for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the leaves and let it cool.
5. To mix the drinks, in a pitcher combine the rum, juices, almond syrup and stir well.
6. Add crushed ice to 2 cups, add the mai tai mix, and top with hibiscus syrup.
7. Garnish with dried pineapple, edible flowers, and citrus wedges.