Homemade Beignets with Orange Mango Cream Sauce
1 packet yeast (about 2 tsp)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups flour
½ tsp salt
2-3 cups canola oil for frying
2 cups powdered sugar
Orange Mango Cream Sauce Ingredients
¼ cup corn starch
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup milk
1 cup Orange Mango juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. First, prepare the dough by microwaving milk for 30 seconds.
2. Then stir in yeast and 2 tablespoons sugar then let sit in a warm place for 5 minutes until bubbly.
3. In the stand mixer combine the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, and salt.
4. Once the yeast has been activated, whisk in the egg, & pour it into the flour mixture.
5. With the paddle attachment begin mixing until a dough begins to form.
6. Switch to the dough hook attachment and then add in the melted butter and mix for 3-4 minutes.
7. Remove dough from the mixing bowl and place in a greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour (or until doubled)
8. While that rises, make the orange mango sauce.
9. In a saucepan combine the corn starch, sugar, and milk. Whisk well until there are no lumps.
10. Over medium high heat, whisk occasionally until simmering around the edges.
11. Add the juice, vanilla, and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
12. Bring to a gentle boil, you will see it begin to thicken. Turn off heat.
13. Whisk until silky smooth and if you still see lumps, run the custard through a mesh sieve into a small bowl.