Orange Beet Cupcakes with Creamy Beet Frosting
1 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Pure vanilla
1/2 cup Honey
1/3 cup Coconut oil, unsweetened applesauce, or yogurt
1/4 cup Natalie’s Orange Beet Juice
1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk
1/5 cups Greek yogurt
1 tsp. Natalie’s Orange Beet Juice
2 Tbsp. Honey, or sweetener of choice
Red or pink sprinkles, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease tins well, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda & baking powder.
4. Add in the almond milk, orange beet juice, vanilla extract, applesauce (or coconut oil or yogurt) & honey until the batter is mixed throughout.
5. Using a cookie scooper, evenly distribute the batter into the cupcake liners.
6. Bake cupcakes for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
1. Combine the Greek yogurt with the orange beet juice & sweetener.
2. Mix until combined.
3. Spread over the cooled cupcakes.
4. Garnish with sprinkles.
NOTE: May replace flour with AP gluten free flour, if you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity.
Recipe By: A Double Dose Blog