Pineapple Orange Lime Bars with Tequila
Ingredients for Crust
1 cups of all purpose flour
½ cup of butter at room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Ingredients for Filling
¼ cup Orange Pineapple Juice
¼ cup Lime juice
1 oz tequila
Zest of 2 limes
1.5 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of flour
Powdered sugar for topping
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the softened butter, flour, and powdered sugar using a hand mixer. Mix until well combined.
2. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and add the crust to the dish. Pressing it into the pan firmly.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the crust for 15 minutes.
4. Remove and let cool. While it cools prepare the filing.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine the Pineapple Orange juice, Lime juice, tequila, lime zest, sugar, flour, and eggs using a hand mixer.
6. Mix until well combined and pour into cooled shortbread crust.
7. Bake for 25 minutes until the center is just set.
8. Cool completely then top with powdered sugar and slice into 9 or 12 bars. Top with extra lime and orange zest if desired.