Prosecco Lemon Smash
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
7-8 sprigs of fresh thyme
Zest of 1 lemon
1 bottle of prosecco
Extra fresh thyme, for garnish
1. In a saucepan combine the lemon juice, sugar, thyme, & lemon zest.
2. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes until it has become slightly thicker & syrup like.
3. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
4. When ready to serve combine prosecco & lemon thyme syrup in a pitcher.
5. Pour into glasses and top with additional splash of champagne & sprig of thyme.