Beet& Goat Cheese Salad with Orange Beet Balsamic Vinaigrette
6 Beets – any color – trimmed & washed
2 oz. Goat cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup Walnuts
2 cups Arugula
1/3 cup Natalie’s Orange Beet Juice
1/3 cup Olive oil
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toast the walnuts in a small pan over medium heat until golden & fragrant, set aside.
3. Wrap beets loosely in aluminum foil & place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake beets for 45-60 minutes. They should be fork-tender.
5. Remove from oven & unwrap. When they are cool enough to handle, use a paper towel to gently remove the skins.
6. Cut them into 1/4″ slices. Set aside to cool completely.
7. In a large bowl, add arugula, toasted walnuts, beet slices, orange pieces & goat cheese crumbles.
8. Top with the desired amount of dressing & gently stir until combined.
9. Serve on a serving platter or in a salad bowl.
The extra dressing can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe by: Sarah Hearts