Blood Orange BBQ Chicken Pulled Sliders
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup Natalie’s Blood Orange juice
½ cup ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 pack of slider buns (12)
2.5 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken or chicken breast)
½ cup sliced pickles
12 slices provolone cheese
2 cups coleslaw mix
½ cup coleslaw dressing
1. Prepare the bbq sauce by heating the olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add in the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, blood orange juice, salt, pepper, paprika, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk.
4. Bring this to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat.
6. Stir in the shredded chicken and set aside.
7. Prepare the coleslaw by combining the dressing and coleslaw mix.
8. Set aside the coleslaw and bbq chicken until ready to serve. Prep this up to 2 days ahead of time.
9. When ready to eat, reheat the chicken and then assemble the sliders starting with cheese, chicken, pickles, then coleslaw.