Lemon Meringue Dip
½ Cup Natalie’s Lemon Juice
3 Egg Yolks
7oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
Zest Of 1 Lemon
¼ TSP Cream of Tartar
2 TBS Agave Syrup
Vanilla crackers or cookies for serving
1. In a saucepan whisk the lemon juice and egg yolks over medium-high heat until thickened. About 3-5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add in sweetened condensed milk and lemon zest. Whisk well.
3. Pour this mixture into the dish you’d lke to serve it in.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the 3 reserved egg whites, agave, and cream of tartar.
5. With a hand mixer, whisk until it is shiny and stiff peaks have formed. 1-2 minutes.
6. Either with a spoon or piping bag, top the lemon mixture with the egg whites. You can cover the whole dip, or just do the edges with the meringue topping.
7. Using a kitchen torch, brown the top of the meringue. If you do not have a torch, simply place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until browned.
8. Allow to cool slightly then place in the fridge to set the mixture.
9. Serve with vanilla wafer cookies