Margarita Creme Brulee
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup Natalie’s Margarita Mix
Optional ½ oz blanco tequila
Pinch of sea salt
5 egg yolks
Zest of 1 lime
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup sugar (for topping)
1. In a saucepan combine the heavy cream, margarita mix, salt, lime zest, and sugar.
2. Bring to a simmer and stir for about 1 minute. Set aside.
3. In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks, and 1 cup at a time, slowly whisk in the warm cream mixture.
4. Pour this into 4-6 ramekins (depending on the size of them) and place on a baking sheet or deep baking dish.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Add water to the baking sheet until it is ½ way up the sides of the ramekin.
7. Bake the custard for 30 minutes until the center is just set.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
9. Chill for a minimum of 3 hours then top with granulated sugar.
10. Carefully use a kitchen torch to melt and crisp up the sugar on top.