Orange Pineapple Carrot Cake Muffins
1/2 cup Natalie’s Orange Pineapple Juice
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom
½ cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
⅔ cup canola oil
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup Pineapple Orange juice
Zest of 1 orange, dried pineapple, and chocolate egg for topping
1. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar. Whisk.
2. In a smaller mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients: pineapple, pineapple orange juice, eggs, shredded carrots, vanilla, and oil. Whisk well.
3. Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Line a muffin pan with 12 liners and spray with cooking oil.
5. With ice cream or cookie scoop, add 1 scoop of the muffin mixture to each.
6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
7. Allow these to cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, mix the cream cheese frosting. In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
9. Carefully add ½ of the powdered sugar and incorporate slowly. Add the remaining sugar and pineapple orange juice.
10. Mix for 1 minute with the hand mixer until fully combined.
11. Once the muffins are cooled, top with frosting, orange zest, dried pineapple, and a chocolate egg.