Orange Pineapple Pecan Waffles
2 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP orange zest
2 large eggs
1 1⁄2 cups Orange Pineapple juice
1⁄2 cup canola oil
1. Pre-heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer instructions.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, sugar and orange zest in a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, juice and oil.
4. Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and whisk until no lumps remain in the batter.
5. Cook waffles according to the waffle iron’s manufacturer guidelines, using approximately 3⁄4 cup of batter.
5. Waffles can be kept warm in a 200 degree oven. Place them on a baking sheet on a single layer.
6. Serve immediately and top with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of pecans.