Poblano Grapefruit Margarita
32oz Natalie’s Grapefruit juice
1 cup Cointreau
4 cups blanco tequila
1 poblano pepper
½ cup agave syrup
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 grapefruit, sliced, for garnish
1. Set your oven to broil and place the poblano pepper and sliced grapefruit on a baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle the granulated sugar on the grapefruit slices.
3. Broil the grapefruit and pepper for 3-5 minutes until the edges start to brown. Turn the pepper.
4. Broil for another 3 minutes. The grapefruit should be getting charred as well as the pepper.
5. Remove all and allow to cool.
6. Roughly chop the pepper and place in the bottom of the pitcher.
7. Muddle with the grapefruit juice and a pinch of salt.
8. Pour through a fine strainer to strain the pepper out and then add back to the pitcher.
9. Add the remaining ingredients to the pitcher and stir to combine.
10. Pour the margarita over ice and garnish with a broiled grapefruit slice.