Rhubarb Gin Fizz
For the Cocktail:
2 oz. Natalie’s Grapefruit Juice
1/2 oz. Rhubarb thyme simple syrup
2 oz. Gin
Thyme sprigs, for garnish
*For Rhubarb Thyme Simple Syrup:
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 lb. Rhubarb, roughly chopped
1 Sprig of fresh thyme
(Yields 1 Serving)
1. Combine rhubarb thyme simple syrup*, grapefruit juice, gin & ice.
2. Stir well & top with club soda.
3. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
*Rhubarb Thyme Simple Syrup:
1. In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar & 1/2 lb. rhubarb, roughly chopped.
2. Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until rhubarb is completely soft.
3. Remove from heat, & add a sprig of thyme & stir.
4. Let syrup cool to room temperature. After about an hour, remove thyme.
5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.