Strawberry Lemonade Easter Cupcakes
1 Lemon Flavored Box Cake Mix
Eggs, as directed on package
Vegetable Oil, as directed on package
1 cup chopped Strawberries
1 cup butter, room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
5 TBSP strawberry jam
2 TBSP Strawberry Lemonade
Zest of one lemon, grated fine
1. Mix up cake batter according to the package instructions, but substitute Strawberry Lemonade for the water.
2. Fold in chopped strawberries. Divide batter evenly into 18-20 lined cupcakes.
3. Bake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
1. Whip butter with a hand or stand mixer for two minutes or until soft and fluffy.
2. Add in powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until all is well incorporated.
3. Add jam, Strawberry Lemonade and lemon zest. Beat until fluffy.
Frost cooled cupcakes as desired by piping or spreading with a knife. Garnish with fresh strawberries.