Strawberry Lemonade French Toast Skillet
1 loaf of brioche bread, diced into 1-inch cubes
2 cups of whole milk
1 cup Natalie’s Strawberry Lemonade
2 cups freshly sliced strawberries
Zest of 2 lemons
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
Optional: powdered sugar
1. In a small saucepan on the stove, add the Strawberry Lemonade and ½ of the fresh sliced strawberries. Heat over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
2. Reduce to medium low and cook for 10 minutes. Breaking up the strawberries with the spoon while cooking. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, add ½ of the strawberry lemonade mixture to the bottom, ½ of the brioche cubes, and ½ of the egg mixture.
5. Repeat with the remaining strawberry lemonade mixture, brioche, and egg mixture.
6. Gently press the bread into the skillet to make sure it is saturated.
7. Top with the remaining sliced strawberries and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the french toast casserole for 30-45 minutes until the french toast is set.
9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then top with powdered sugar.